This post contains affiliate links. They help keep the blog going at no cost to you!
Christmas season is drawing near and I have the perfect gift idea for a busy mom like yourself. Whether that's you or your mama friend. Just think about this... Have you ever thrown on your hubby's hoodie just to get comfortable even though it was huge on you? I do it ALL. THE. TIME. It's just too hard to resist at the end of a long day being mom. Let's face it, mamas. Sometimes nothing is quite as comforting as a pullover sweatshirt. But do you still feel like you could go out in public with that big pullover? Did it crash your previously put-together outfit?
While sweatshirts and hoodies often contribute to the frumpy mom look, I think it's only realistic that one be included in a mom's capsule wardrobe (that's why you'll find one in the fall capsule for stay-at-home moms). Every mama should enjoy the occasional comfort of a hoodie without feeling like their whole outfit is bombed.
This blog is all about helping moms fight the frump. Meet the author here!
Although cute and feminine sweatshirts are rare, I've been happy to discover that plenty of options do exist. And they're cute enough to get you more compliments and "where did you get that?" inquiries than if you wore a chic leather blazer! In fact, because it's so rare to see a hoodie with features like floral patterns or lace detail, your girl friends will probably be asking you about it non-stop.
I decided to round up all the cutest ones available on the internet, just in time to put on your Christmas lists. Check out these adorably feminine options! To make them easy to order risk free, I found them all on Amazon, under $30, and eligible for Prime & free returns.
YASS. You're welcome.
Click on your favorite one to view it on Amazon. Save it to your wishlist or email the link to hubby with a wink and santa hat emoticon. He'll get the message... hopefully ;)
And don't miss my styling tips for wearing sweatshirts just below these picks.
Cutest Hoodies & Sweatshirts on Amazon.com
for the Stay-at-Home Mom's Christmas List
How to Style Sweatshirts to Look Cute While Staying Comfy
While I think mamas need a couple of days a week when they give themselves the permission to dress however they like, here are some tips for wearing a sweatshirt without looking frumpy the rest of the time.
- Buy cute sweatshirts with feminine details. You can check this one off after picking one from the round up! :)
- Buy the right size. Baggy hoodies or sweatshirts will look frumpy regardless of the feminine details. Make sure the shoulder seams are on the right spot, the abdomen doesn't stick out awkwardly, the hemline ends at your pant line or hips and the sleeves aren't too long.
- Use the size charts provided on websites to make sure you're getting the right size.
- Read reviews. These are extremely helpful to learn what customers thought of the fit.
- Make use of free returns by ordering a couple of sizes. (All the items in this round up are available with free returns on Amazon Prime, so you can feel free to get a couple of sizes if you're not sure which will fit you right.)
- Balance proportions. Because sweatshirts are generally heavier, wear something fitted on the bottom such as skinny jeans (or bootcut jeans if you're pear-shaped or hourglass-shaped), knee-length skirts or mini skirts with leggings. Or wear them with colored pants that contrast or coordinate to add some more interest to the outfit.
- Don't forget the jewelry. While necklaces and bracelets don't usually work with sweatshirts and hoodies, statement earrings like large pearl studs or dangle earrings work great! They make the claim that you're keeping it chic while prioritizing comfy.
- Avoid running shoes when wearing sweatshirts. Because sweatshirts are already very casual, running shoes just dresses your look down even more. Instead, go for simple flats, white canvas sneakers or cute slip-ons. (More about cute mom shoes here!)
Try this outfit out!
Cute Sweatshirt + Black Long Sleeve Tee + Color or Neutral Pants + Dangle Earrings + Leopard Flats
I. love. Amazon.
Go for it, mama. Add it to your wish list, buy it for a friend this Christmas, or just order it for yourself with some of your month's clothing budget. It will serve you again and again when you're just not feeling the cardigans, blazers or leather jackets.
Share YOUR favorite one from the roundup in the comments below!
This week I'm linked up with Mix It Mondays, Simply Every, Classy Monday, Grace + Lace, Hello Monday, Start the Week Stylish, Classy Mondays, On Trend, Get Your Pretty On, Trendy Wednesday, Thursday Fashion Files, Blogger Spotlight Link Party, High Five for Friday, Friday Favorites, Five on Friday, Anna Nuttall Bloggers’ Link-up
HEY MAMA! NEW AROUND HERE?
Don't leave without your free gift:
Click on the button below to join the frumpy fighters and receive forever access to my growing library of free printable PDF's... all aimed at helping moms find their style and create a flexible wardrobe that they love!