Let's make this spring/summer our most stylish, un-frumpy seasons yet! This capsule wardrobe plan for stay at home and work at home moms contains 41 items that mix and re-mix to create over 86 unique outfits.
As with the fall and winter wardrobe plans, I've spent many hours crafting just the right pieces for moms who stay home but don't want to give in to the frump.
The result is a capsule with a balance of classics/basics blended with on-trend pieces to create a wardrobe you can wear every day with confidence.
No more standing at your closet trying to keep your eyes open long enough to put a matching outfit together. With this wardrobe plan, you'll be able to pick pieces in your sleep and still look amazing! :)
- Color Palette. Based on popular demand from our private Facebook Group, this capsule layout is using the following colors: rose/mint/mustard (as accents) and navy/gray/white (as neutrals). However, the plan can be implemented in any cohesive color scheme. For example if you love coral, you could do a coral/aqua palette with charcoal/gray as neutrals. Simply apply the same suggestions provided in the shopping guide (downloadable along with 6 free outfit ideas below).
- Outfit Guide. The Spring/Summer Outfit Guide is a favorite around here! It provides a visual of 50 outfit layouts using the pieces in this capsule. The outfits offer "at-home" and "going out" guide on what to wear, and there are 10 "dressier" outfits for special occasions. You can view the outfits in an eBook as well as in an online gallery. It also provides two pages of alternate color palettes and a step-by-step guide on shaping you wardrobe. Find out more and order here.
- Every-day pieces with potential. The pieces in this capsule were chosen with "double-duty" in mind. I want you to be able to find many of the pieces already in your existing wardrobe. And I wanted pieces that could be easily dressed up or down for any occasion in your life (because even moms need to get extra dressed up sometimes!)
- Trendy but not too trendy. I put together classics and some on-trend pieces in such a way that you can feel confident in your daily mom outfits. You'll look on-point without drawing too much fashion attention.
- A capsule that breaks the rules. As I've mentioned in my previous capsules, my capsule plans don't require that you pare down your wardrobe to just these pieces. While I encourage you to refine your existing wardrobe down to the best pieces, you should keep your larger wardrobe in tact. This capsule will simply be a subdivision of your larger wardrobe that makes it easy to mix and re-mix outfits. And hey, if you ever get bored of the 41 pieces in this plan, you will always have that larger wardrobe from which to add some variation. I tell ya, it's the best of two systems.
- Shopping links. For links to similar or exact pieces (when still available), you can view this Shopping Guide on Google docs where I arranged everything in a nice little chart.
And now! Onto this beautiful mom capsule!!
What's in this post:
- the capsule plan
- 6 free outfits from the spring/summer outfit guide
- an AMAZING giveaway to jump start your capsule (3 winners!)
For links to similar or exact pieces (when still available), please view this Shopping Guide on Google docs.
Get the Outfit Ideas and Shopping Guide
6 Free Outfit Ideas from the Capsule
A shopping checklist of the pieces
Shopping links for the exact or similar pieces
Now it's your turn to share... what is your favorite part about this capsule plan? Are you going to try it? Share with everyone in the comments below!
This week I'm linked up with Mix It Mondays, Simply Every, Classy Monday, Grace + Lace, Hello Monday, Start the Week Stylish, Classy Mondays, On Trend, Get Your Pretty On, Trendy Wednesday, Wearable Wednesday, Thursday Fashion Files, Blogger Spotlight Link Party, High Five for Friday, Friday Favorites, Five on Friday, Anna Nuttall Bloggers’ Link-up